Sunday, February 25, 2007

Well, I have to say of all the assignments we have done this mod, this was by far, the most difficult for me. Looking back now at how I could have taken the shots, maybe I could have made it a little less difficult. I should have been standing closer to the window and shooting from the light at the subject but instead, I was standing either more to the side of the subjects or directly in front of them. Things to learn and continue to improve as time goes on (outside of this class, as this is the last series of photographs I will take for this class...sniff, sniff). I have to say, this was the best class I have taken at Albertus. I had so much fun taking photographs, learning how to take better shots, things to do and not do. I've always liked taking pictures; now I have to say, I love taking photographs. I find myself thinking more and pausing for a few seconds before just snapping a picture. I set myself up for a shot in a completely different way now and I set my subjects (people or otherwise) up in a different way now than I used to before taking this course. I have learned a lot about editing as well and I can't wait to continue using what I've learned (especially this June on my honeymoon in Antigua...!!!)


(her face was so cute here but really I should have had her further back in the light and should have been taking the shot from against the window looking out at her, but at any rate, isn't she adorable?)

3 comments:

drivers said...

She is cute. If you crop the image so that it is tall and narrow with her offset to the right, I think it would be powerful.

maria said...

Thanks....I will try it and post to fotothing. I kept it this way because I was trying to keep some light in the photo as she was sort of standing in the shade. But I will try to crop and see how it comes out. Thanks for the feedback

Jerry said...

I like the posing on the top two but the light is curiously absent... The full sun on the middle picture is generally too strong but in a way, it is effective... The bottom portrait is good... The light falling on her face is effective... There must be other windows in the room...